Saturday, February 25, 2017

Minds.com: How Twitter is Killing Itself!

I jumped on camera after this initially happened. However, I decided not to post the video because I was extremely annoyed and it was me just screaming "fuck" for like five minutes because of my frustrations. I will probably hop back on some time this weekend and talk about this while I am copying tapes.

In my previous blog post, I discussed how social media platforms have become biased towards the left. Platforms like Facebook and most of all Twitter. And here I am again, dealing with more frustrations from Twitter. 

Lately, I realized that if I wanted to get my audience; much like how I handle filmmaking living out in Ohio, I have to come get you because you won't come to me. Not necessarily, "you won't come to me", because it's "you don't know me". After much thought these past few months, I realized that I needed to hit social media hard.

However, it's hard to go after social media, especially Twitter, when they're not allowing you to fully connect with a potential audience. How Twitter does their operations makes no sense what-so-ever.  To quote one of their guidelines; "You may have hit a follow limit. Twitter has imposed reasonable limits to help prevent system strain and to limit abuse. Read more about follow limits below."

How is it abuse in the right context? If we all have the choice to follow who we want and have the option to block people, how is this abuse if you're trying to find people who are interested in your work? You can take a look at celebrities and other people who have been "verified" and see that they follow close to the same amount of people following them. That's a form of "abuse" right there because they can follow as many people as they want and not face and type of restrictions.

And this is ultimately why Twitter is dying and right now at this point, flat-lining. Twitter is ultimately suppressing people to reach their audiences. It's not just me, it's everyone who is trying to get their names out there. The real abuse is the bots that Twitter allows to pass through trying to get you to sign up to adult websites and not doing anything about that. The real abuse is from @jack who trolls for censorship on his site.

This is why Twitter is dying, if not, dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment